- Supreme Court of the State of Nebraska, 1995
- Supreme Court of the State of Iowa, 1995
- United States District Court of Nebraska, 1995
- United States District Court of Iowa, 1995
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1995
R. J. Shortridge
R. J. Shortridge
Rob concentrates his practice in the areas of banking and business law, creditors’ rights/bankruptcy, estate planning, wills and probate.
A Lincoln native, Rob received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska in May 1992.
As an undergraduate, Rob worked in our firm as a runner, was a member of the College of Business Administration Student Advisory Board, and served as president of Theta Chi fraternity.
While in law school, Rob worked in our office as a law clerk. Rob also served as Research Editor of the Nebraska Law Review and was a member of an award-winning National Moot Court Team. In May 1995, Rob graduated with high distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law and was awarded The Order of the Coif and The Order of Barristers.
Rob is a member of the Nebraska State Bar Association and the Iowa State Bar Association.
Rob’s wife, Kris, is an attorney who works for Judge Arlen Beam of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Rob and Kris are the proud parents of twins, Hope and Paul, and are both feverish Husker fans.
- University of Nebraska, B.S., 1992
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D. with high distinction, 1995
- American Bar Association
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- The Order of the Barristers
- Nebraska Law Review, Research Editor, 1993-1995
- Nebraska Law Review, Member, 1992-1995
- National Moot Court Team
- Allen Moot Court, Best Brief Award
Prior Relevant Employment
- Law Clerk for the Honorable G. G. Fagg, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 1995-1997
- Adjunct Professor, Bankruptcy Law, University of Nebraska College of Law, 2002-2003